Friday 15 June 2012

Using Your Voice in a Treatment

I place a really high value on my clients getting what they want from a treatment, which is why it is important to use your voice before and during a treatment. I have heard some pretty interesting 'horror' stories that have happened in a massage treatment, and the most common factor is they went to a therapist that didn't listen to what it is that they wanted. Which creates the loss of your voice, which is not the way it should be, and is definitely not what I am about!
I want each person to get what they want out of their treatment, I fully commit to respecting you and what you want as best I can. So please just tell me what will make you the happiest for your treatment and together we can create the right plan to do so!

Pressure is often the most important thing that will ensure your happiness with a treatment, and it is something that is completely subjective. Each person has their own sense of what is light pressure and what is deep, myself included, so we will have to work together in the first treatments so I can fully understand the depth you prefer and be able to recreate that every treatment that follows. Let me know at anytime if I can adjust my pressure to create the most effective and comfortable way to treat what ails you.

Comfort is another thing that is important. I strive to create a safe and comfortable environment to allow the healing and relaxation process to flourish. I have a table warmer to help keep you warm and comfortable (it can always be turned up or down), the music that is playing helps to calm the mind (it can always go louder or quieter), and I encourage you to choose whether or not conversation or rest is what your feeling like in each treatment. Proper draping techniques are used here, which means that only the area I am working on will be uncovered and at no time will you ever feel like you are being exposed (or be exposed).

And if you tell me which of the tea's I have is your favorite I will make sure that I have that one ready for you when you come in, and/or have a cup ready to go for you at the end of your treatment!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing. I wish you well in your work.

    ReplyDelete