Saturday 31 January 2015

The Bliss of Floating (why I float)

I went to a silent retreat that ended up not being all that silent, the time I was most looking forward to being in silence was at night, but I ended up in a room with a couple of not so quiet snorers which tossed that idea out rather quickly, but led me to the realization that I just want to be in a space of silence for awhile. Which got me thinking about the sensory deprivation tanks and whether or not Calgary even had them, luckily enough I voiced it to the lovely person I went to the retreat with and two weeks later she forwarded me an email about her former co-worker who started a floating company (thank you universe!) called One Love Float. So I immediately booked in for my first floating session.
At One Love, you have the option of an open float or a closed float, I chose open in the beginning because I have had challenges with claustrophobia before and I didn't entirely know how I'd react to being in a small box in the dark (they are actually really quite spacious). All it took was one float to know I was hooked. To be in a space that is in absolute silence and darkness that also allows the body to let go, to surrender, relax and allow the water to fully support you is amazing, And I loved it. The second float I went in the closed tank, and fell even more deeply in love with floating, the closed tank is really amazing and I have always felt safe and content in it.
When I float the depth of where my mind and soul go is indescribable, I feel like I can connect to the deepest parts of myself that I didn't even know existed anymore. Time has this magical way of ceasing to exist, I never know if I have been in there for minutes or days! I can reach a deeper state of meditation because I don't feel any of the pain or pressure within my body that can often bring my consciousness back into my mind/surroundings. Through the deeper states of meditation I often experience some really profound healing and shifting within the tank, new awareness and consciousness can come through while all my other senses are temporarily on a blissful break, and with each float I come out more connected, grounded, and filled with a sense of joy, love, contentment and bliss.

I have committed myself to going once a month for continuing my self love regiment. and I highly recommend giving it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment