Sunday 23 October 2011

Qigong

Spring Forest Qigong is amazing. I have recently taken up the practice and it has been incredible. I have always had a belief and a bit of an understanding of energy, but SFQ has opened my eyes and much more to the world of energy and meditation. I have had a struggle with meditation in the past, and I know that I am not the only one! I have had the constant chatter run through my mind increase in not only volume but in uselessness the harder I try to calm and quiet. One of the important things I learned is that it is all okay. It isn't about the proper stance and proper hand placement, it isn't about fighting to completely clear your mind, it is about the practice, the energy, and the intent behind it. All of that coupled with not being hard on yourself,  and my practice has grown leaps and bounds. I have had the honor of being instructed by Munira Jiwa,and with her kind words and encouragement, it has been the start of another part of my healing journey.
In five short weeks I have transformed. I am starting to be able to quiet my ever thinking, thinking, thinking mind, and amazingly all of the movements have slowed down. By week four I was shocked that an hour had passed, when it felt like only fifteen minutes. I have decided to take on the 100 day Qigong 'challenge' and see where this beautiful practice will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment